Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ningunas grietas del asno?

I think a graph of babies to safety is worth exploring, and applicable, with modification, to such Brooklyn spots as Park Slope (speak loudly in English and ask a lot of people where the closest free trade coffee can be found) and Williamsburg (hold tight to your iPod and walk with abstract purpose). After the correlation between babies and safety has been mapped, I think a survey of how many times "Manco" comes up in conversation is due. I'll start counting tomorrow.

I greatly enjoy updates on your Spanish lessons, as my co-workers will sometimes speak to me in Spanish because they assume that I am Hispanic and all I have is "Hola, yo no comprendo espanol. Donde estan los senors guapos?"

I pulled a really smooth move today - I had your yoga pass transferred to my name :-) I kept saying that you were in Argentina until they made an exception to the fact that the pass wasn't mine and expired in June. The class was really great, and I'll keep going on Wednesdays save for a potential trivia reunion.

I caught a glimpse of the New York City cataratas that Olafur Eliasson constructed, though I most certainly did not ride the most comfortable bus to get there. My car is proving to be more of a hassle than I'd anticipated, though it did enable me to go to Mac's show at Goodbye Blue Monday tonight with quite a bit of ease. I had to leave early because it was close to bedtime so I only caught a couple of songs. I had to refrain from texting you all day to tell you about how great it would have been for you to come to the show!


I'm so glad to hear that all is well! Simone inquired as to your well-being last night and I told her that last I had heard, you were in Argentina, alive, and that you had joined a boobie circus. The latter is a bit alarming but very understandable.

Oy carumba, I need to learn to play the drums!

No comments: